Click here to subscribe to the O2DA Defense Academy. The most comprehensive online firearms academy worldwide. For individuals, businesses, schools, churches and communities. Sign-up

Monthly Archives: February 2016

Concealed Weapons Permits on the rise in Sacramento County

For the record, with 7,478 permits issued and only 1 homicide by an authorized CCW holders (.013%), you seem to be much safer when more good citizens armed.

While we would disagree with Sheriff Jone’s assessment that personal protection is a privilege, we do hope he keeps doing the right thing and issues more permits to everyone who wants to take responsibility for their own security.

– – –

SACRAMENTO – Six years ago when Scott Jones became Sheriff of Sacramento County he promised to make it easier for people to get a concealed weapons permit. So far, he has lived up to that promise.

Since August of 2011, the number of concealed weapons permits, or CCWs, has soared from 887 to 7,478 in January of 2016.

When asked if Jones believes more people should carry, he simply answered, “Yes.”

“People face the same dangers that I do. They have a desire to protect themselves and their family,” said Sheriff Jones. “The flavor of the country has changed over the last year or two, and it is not so much about being a victim of a mugging or getting money out of the ATM. Now, you have the real threat of terrorism.”

Dr. Garen Wintemute is an emergency room doctor at UC Davis and a researcher on gun violence. He says the country changed in 2012 beginning with Aurora and then Sandy Hook and San Bernardino where “public mass shootings” have become more frequent.

But he says while those shootings create fear, the fear is more perception than reality.

“Mass shootings are uncommon, they account for less than 1-percent of all firearm deaths in the United States,” said Dr. Wintemute. “But mass shootings have the potential of changing the character of American public life.”

Change is exactly what is happening to the makeup of Sacramento County under Sheriff Jones where 90 percent of all CCW applications are approved by his office.

“I wish it was more,” said Jones.

Source: Read more here –> ABC10.com

Former CIA director: Military may refuse to follow Trump’s orders if he becomes president.

During his appearance on “Real Time,” Hayden cited Trump’s pledge to kill family members as being among his most troubling campaign statements.

“That never even occurred to you, right?” Maher asked.

“God, no!” Hayden replied. “Let me give you a punchline: If he were to order that once in government, the American armed forces would refuse to act.”

“That’s quite a statement, sir,” Maher said.

“You are required not to follow an unlawful order,” Hayden added. “That would be in violation of all the international laws of armed conflict.”

“You’ve given us a great reason not to support Trump. There would be a coup in this country,” Maher joked.

Hayden said he didn’t mean to imply that the military would provoke “a coup.”

“I think it’s a coup that you said it,” Maher added.

Source: Former CIA director: Military may refuse to follow Trump’s orders if he becomes president – The Washington Post

Indiana officials investigate fatal shootings of three muslim men in Fort Wayne

Screen-Shot-2015-11-03-at-7.41.26-PM-e1446597923261Authorities in Indiana are seeking information after two men and a teenager were found shot to death last week inside a Fort Wayne home.The bodies of 23-year-old Mohamedtaha Omar, 20-year-old Adam Kamel Mekki and 17-year-old Muhannad Adam Tairab were found on Wednesday evening by officers responding to a “problem unknown” dispatch.Each was shot multiple times, police chief Garry Hamilton told WANE-TV. The Allen County coroner’s office said the deaths had been ruled homicides.The families of the three men were from central Africa and belonged to a community that is heavily Muslim, Hamilton and Fort Wayne safety director Rusty York told the (Fort Wayne) Journal-Gazette. Neither York nor police chief Hamilton knew whether the three were religious.York said authorities did not have any reason to believe the killings were a hate crime.Vox Media published a story on Saturday that called the killings “mysterious”, prompting people on social media to question why it did not receive wider news coverage. The killings came in the same week as mass shootings in Kalamazoo, Michigan; Hesston, Kansas; and Belfair, Washington.The residence where the bodies were found was known as a party house for teens and young adults of African descent, York told WPTA-TV.

Source: Indiana officials investigate fatal shootings of two men and teen in Fort Wayne | US news | The Guardian

UA-56674165-1